A practical and accessible guide to an ancient but rapidly changing culture—now revised and updated
Perfect for business, pleasure, or armchair travelers, China A to Z explains the customs, culture, and etiquette essential for any trip or for anyone wanting to understand this complex country. In one hundred brief, reader-friendly essays alphabetized by subject, this fully revised and updated edition provides a crash course in the etiquette and politics of contemporary China as well as the nation’s geography and venerable history. In it, readers will discover:
· How the recently selected President and his advisors approach global relations
· Why China is considered the fastest growing market for fashion and luxury goods
· What you should bring when visiting a Chinese household
· What’s hot in Chinese art
· How recent scandals impact Chinese society
From architecture and body language to Confucianism and feng shui, China A to Z offers accessible and authoritative information about China.